The Royal Government of Bhutan adopted new measures to boost the tourism sector.
These incentives are:
1. A fifty percent discount on the prevailing SDF of USD 200.
2. A fifty percent discount on the SDF on the rates applied to children aged between 6 to 12 years. Children below the age of 5 years are exempted from the SDF.
3. The 24 hours SDF waiver for tourists staying in the border towns shall continue.
The above incentives will come into effect from 1 September 2023 and shall remain effective for four years till 31 August 2027.
Bhutan Visa Requirements
- All Visitors will need a visa to enter Bhutan, except for visitors from India, who will require a permit.
- Nationals of Bangladesh and the Maldives shall be eligible for a visa on arrival at the port of entry.
- Visitors can get a visa by contacting us.
- A color scanned copy of your passport is required. The passport must be valid for six months from the intended date of departure from the Kingdom.
- Travel Insurance is valid for the duration of the trip.
- A recent passport-size photograph.
Children below the age of 5 years although exempted from the SDF still need to pay the visa application fee of USD 40.